[Ontbirds] Red-tailed Hawks

Paul Reeves paul_reeves at rogers.com
Mon Feb 27 17:06:57 EST 2012

Today I saw four Red-tailed Hawks soaring the skies over the Toronto Brickworks Park on Bayview Avenue in Toronto. I'm not sure if this is worth reporting.
The day started when I walked out on my balcony at Pape and Cosburn Avenues and saw two fly over my building at 11:00am. I grabbed my camera and went for a walk. I saw another one fly overhead at Mortimer and Broadview at noon. I walked some more and made my way to Toronto Brickworks Park where I saw four of them flying overhead at two different times.
One finally landed in a nearby tree around 2:30pm and I think it was a juvenile. However, I am too new at birding to say for sure. If anyone would like to see I can provide a photo.
Finally on my way home I saw another one perched on a hydro pole at Pottery Road and Broadview at 3:30pm.

Paul ReevesPhotography
www.paulreeves.ca(416) 792 2931