[Ontbirds] Seen in or from my backyard

Richard Hardman rnhardman at live.ca
Fri Mar 2 19:35:47 EST 2012

The day started with 3 Bluebirds checking out my Blue Bird Houses.  It was quickly followed by several small flocks of Tundra Swans and some large flocks of Canadas.  The hunters were out though and soon chased the geese away.

The yard was then invaded by several hundred Brown Headed Cowbirds with a mix of a few Grackles.  They sure were noisy.  Didn't see any Red Wings with this group but we are expecting them any day.

The usual suspects were present; Chickadees, Starlings, a pair of Red Bellied Woodpeckers, a Pair of Downy Woodpeckers, about 100 Goldfinches, Blue Jays; American Field Sparrows, a Red Tailed Hawk,  House Sparrows and lots of Turtle Doves.

Richard Hardman
1560 Concession 13 Townsend

We are located just North of the Townsend Sewage Lagoons.