[Ontbirds] Hybrid Mallard X Pintail - Colonel Samuel Smith Park - Toronto - March 3, 2012

Garth Riley rileygv at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 3 13:55:53 EST 2012

While leading the TOC outing to Western Lake Ontario this morning we came across what I believe is a Mallard X Pintail hybrid. The bird was seen at the viewing platform over the small "marsh" east of the main parking area. Here is a link to some pictures I took of the bird http://www.flickr.com/photos/44190959@N02/

Directions to Colonel Samuel Smith Park - take Kipling Ave. south from the QEW past Lakeshore Blvd. (it becomes Colonel Samuel Smith Park Dr.). follow the road to the southern most parking area. Walk east along the gravel path and you will come to a small wetland with a wooden viewing platform.

Regards,

Garth Riley
Etobicoke, Ontario
rileygv at yahoo.com