[Ontbirds] Pine Warbler, Woodstock, March 27

JAMES HOLDSWORTH jmholdsworth at rogers.com
Tue Mar 27 15:21:25 EDT 2012

Ontbirders,

A singing male Pine Warbler was present in my backyard this morning, likely the breeding resident that has summered for several years. [it has three song-types, delivered in sequence that are distinctive enough to recognize the individual].

This is the earliest spring record for the county. Makes one wonder what the heck is showing up at Pelee these days, beside Black Vultures. Anyone?

Directions - west of Woodstock about 2 km, Dorland Subdivision. I take it there will be few, if any, that want specific directions to such a common bird.

Cheers,

James Holdsworth, Biological Consulting Services
14 Marian St,
RR#1 Woodstock, On, N4S-7V6
[519]537-2027
226-228-0093 [cell]