[Ontbirds] FISH CROW IN BURLINGTON

Dave Don dave.don at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 31 19:10:35 EDT 2012

Birders,

I had the very fortunate experience at 2pm today 31st March, of hearing and seeing well another single Fish Crow right over my driveway as I was leaving my house. The bird again, was calling continuously with its high nasal "uh uh", as it circled overhead for approx 2 mins before slowly drifting North East.

Keep your ears pinned for the unmistakable call of these Crows, if you are in this general area. This is still a good time to listen as there are no young American Crows that have similar "begging calls", present yet.

I am in the area of South East Burlington, a block from the Lakeshore and approx 1km West of Shell Park where I had another (or the same bird?) Fish Crow on the 14th of March.

Good luck,

Dave Don