[Ontbirds] Very good fallout of birds at Thickson's Woods

Glenn Coady glenn_coady at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 08:11:43 EDT 2012

Ontbirds subscribers,

There has been a very good fallout of migrants at Thickson's Woods overnight.

I have had over a dozen species of warblers already without leaving my driveway including a male Cerulean Warbler. I also flushed a Whip-poor-will from behind our guest house.

The conditions are quite good for keeping birds feeding low as well (cool, damp, foggy over the lake and at the tree tops).

I suspect most lakeside woods are probably also going to provide very good birding today with much similar conditions.

So far I have not had any luck finding the possible Bell's Vireo reported from yesterday.

To reach Thickson's Woods take exit 412 from Hwy 401 and go south 2 km on Thickson Road S. Park at the cul-de-sac at the bottom of Thickson Road. The road blocked to traffic just north of the cul-de-sac (Waterfront Trail) leads east to the entrance to Thickson's Woods on the right a few hundred metres ahead.

Good birding,

Glenn Coady
Whitby, Ontario