[Ontbirds] American Avocet at Strathroy Lagoons

Blake A. Mann boatmann at kent.net
Sun Aug 5 12:07:59 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Touring around, I stopped in at Strathroy sewage lagoons this morning.  A
good number of shorebirds was present, including an AMERICAN AVOCET.
It was father back on the mudflat in the north lagoon.
It was pouring rain, so I did not linger!

Directions:

The lagoons are on the east side of Pike Rd. on the west side of Strathroy.
Exit hwy 402 (#65) at Victoria Rd and go south to Napperton Dr.  Turn right
(west) and go a short distance to Pike Rd. (south).  After a kilometre or so
there is a parking area on the left of Pike Rd.

Cheers,

Blake A. Mann
Wallaceburg, Chatham-Kent
boatmannATkentDOTnet