[Ontbirds] Apparent ** KELP GULL ** at Wheatley Harbour

Kevin McLaughlin kam50 at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 10 07:02:59 EDT 2012

I congratulate Alan on this fascinating gull and holding off in finalizing
the ID until he was absolutely certain of it. Large gull identification is a
conundrum to perhaps understate the case and many dark mantled birds appear
in Ontario that may not be what they at first seem to be.

At some time I may offer some comment in a proper forum. I think it best to
say now that all who go to look for the gull have good luck.

Kevin.