[Ontbirds] Hillman Marsh - Avocet YES, Night-Heron NO!

Andrew Keaveney uofgtwitcher at msn.com
Thu Sep 13 07:56:19 EDT 2012

Well I get an 'A' for effort. I spent the better part of the night/morning walking the Hillman dyke listening for the Yellow-crowned Night-Heron. I thought there was an excellent chance, but such has been my luck this year. There were two BCNH juv.'s ,perhaps 4, that fed along shore and flew off by 7:30a.m. That was all in the heron department.

The Avocet is still present as I write, off the south side of the dyke, in the marsh proper. Wading in knee deep water alone.

See directions from last night.

Cheers.

Sent from Andrew's iPhone