[Ontbirds] Continuing MARBLED GODWIT

Bradley Bloemendal bradbloemendal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:31:43 EDT 2012

Hello All,

I made the trip out to Oshawa Second Marsh to see if I could find the
MARBLED GODWIT. I arrived around 0645 and I wasn't able to find the bird at
first, but eventually the bird was seen in flight, being chased by what
looked to be a RING-BILLED GULL. The bird was then feeding near some Canada
Geese for the remainder of my time there. The other exciting bird for me
was a GREAT BLACK-BACKED GULL, this bird was standing in the shallows for
about an hour, it was not seen after this.
 There was constant movement of songbirds, the most numerous being
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER, GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET, RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET, and
BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEE I was birding the Oshawa Second Marsh area for about
2.5 hours and other interesting birds seen include:

AMERICAN BLACK DUCK
NORTHERN SHOVELER
HERRING GULL
BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERON