[Ontbirds] boreal owl push hilliardton marsh

BRUCE MURPHY BRUCE.MURPHY at dsb1.edu.on.ca
Tue Oct 2 17:51:07 EDT 2012

last night at the hilliardton marsh we were joined by a couple for iowa who made the three day trek to hilliardton which is 15 minutes for newliskeard. We managed to capture and band 8 boreal owls and caught 1 that we had banded the night before. This could be THE weekend to see these boreal beauties. Please refer to www.themarsh.ca for directions. In other bird news we had an early pine siskin and banded our first american tree sparrow of the season. We are located about 5 hours north of toronto. banding is open to the public nightly from 9 to 11. Check weather as we do not band if it is raining. All the best birders . Sincerely bruce Murphy thaks to Glenn reed and chris Sukha foir their help. We have now banded 20 boreal owls. An intersting bit of information is that 17 of them have been adults while about 95% of the sawwhets we have been banding are young of this year.

This e-mail contains information intended only for the individual
or entity
named in the message.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended
recipient, or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or
copying of this communication is prohibited.  If this
communication was
received in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and delete the
original
message.