[Ontbirds] Cave Swallow - Col. Sam Smith Park

David Pryor stg1 at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 14 11:38:34 EST 2012

I located and watched, from approx. 10:30am to 11:00am, a single cave swallow actively feeding around the water treatment plant at Sam Smith Park. It was the only swallow I saw all morning.

Given that cliff swallows nest each year at this building, I waited for about 10 minutes for the bird to land and face me before being able to positively ID it based on its throat and forehead coloration.

The bird disappeared concurrent with the flyby of a northern harrier, and I am currently attempting to relocate it.

David Pryor

Sent from my iPhone