[Ontbirds] Red-headed Woodpecker, Vineland, Jan 17th

Len M fdcoboy at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 21:52:23 EST 2013

Ontbirders,

Since this bird was not posted today, and we just got in from a day long birdathon, I wanted to advise that the previously reported RED-HEADED WOODPECKER at 3196 Campden Road in Vineland, was observed well this morning by Peter/Caleb Scholtens, Barry Coombs, Lisa Teskey, and I. We viewed it, not at the feeder, but in the adjacent woodlot on some mostly dead and de-barked trees. Props to Barry for getting us on the bird initially.What a beauty in the bleak winter setting!

Directions courtesy of, and thanks to Nancy Smith: QEW Niagara, exit Vicoria Ave. (Reg. 24) head south, up the
 escarpment to Fly Road ( stoplight ) turn right, then left on Campden
Road.  The house is on the west side of Campden Road just south of Young
 Street. 3196 Campden.

Best,

Len Manning III, Esq.

Hamilton, ON