[Ontbirds] Townsend's Solitaire near Kendal

Mike Burrell mike.burrell.on at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 13:52:44 EST 2013

Erica Barkley and I just had the previously reported Townsend's Solitaire on Langstaff Road. We searched for about 20 minutes before it came in and landed in a tall deciduous tree on the east side of the small ravine across from number 8712. It looked like it came in from behind the barn. After sitting in the top of the tree for a minute or so the bird disappeared in the small ravine where it has previously been reported. Also present were 16 Evening Grosbeaks.

Directions (courtesy Tyler Hoar):Directions langstaff road is the third road east of newtonville road/kendal village. From 401 exit at newtonville rd and go north to where it ends at ganaraska/ kirby rd. Turn right/ east.

Good birding,
Mike Burrell
mike.burrell.on at gmail.com
Mike Burrell