[Ontbirds] Ottawa, ON: Dark-eyed Junco - Oregon form

Jon Ruddy accipitriformes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 13:21:26 EST 2013

Hi there,

For two days (March 6 & 7) I have had a SY female "Oregon" Dark-eyed Junco
visit my backyard. This rare treat makes for the 9th recorded sighting of
an Oregon Junco within the Ottawa 50k. I am just getting back home from a
lab session on campus so I'm not sure if the bird has visited our feeders
today (March 8). I hope it's around on the weekend for those here in Ottawa
who are interested in seeing it. To note, my feeders ARE NOT visible from
the road. It's best to email me and I will get back to you re: whether the
bird is still around :)

Directions:

I am located at 88 Stradwick Ave in Barrhaven, Ottawa, ON

>From 417, merge onto 416 S. Take exit 72 Hunt Club Road* *toward Nepean.
Turn left onto West Hunt Club. Take first right onto Cedarview. Turn left
at Jockvale. Turn right on Weybridge. Take first left onto Delmeade. Take a
left onto Stradwick. Follow Stradwick to house number 88.