[Ontbirds] Vesper sparrow at Port Royal

Earthquest Canada hikersguide at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 13 12:22:39 EDT 2013

Greetings birders:

I'd like to report a Vesper sparrow observed yesterday around 12 N while passing through Port Royal on our way to Long Point.  The bird flew across the road and flashed it's distinctive white outer tail retrices.
Directions to Port Royal:
Take Highway #3 to Highway #19 and turn south for approximately 10 km to Regional Road #45, turn left, heading east approximately 5 km to Regional Road #55.  Turn right, heading south for approximately 5 km to Lakeshore Road (formerly Regional Road #42).  Turn left, heading east for approximately 18 km and you will pass through Port Royal past Clear Creek.
Good birding!Dave JollyEARTHQUEST (Canada) for the EnvironmentearthquestcanadaATyahoo.com