[Ontbirds] American white pelicans

Kevin Murphy kevin66murphy at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 1 15:01:59 EDT 2013

On Friday afternoon around 2 pm on our way to mt forest we spotted 4 pelicans soaring and flying south over the Canadian tire and Tim hortons parking lots.  My wife spotted them first as I was driving and thought they were Sandhills cranes but she mentioned that they were white with blackish wings. I immediately pulled into the parking lot and with binocs they were obvious A W Pelicans. Our first for ontario. We have seen them many times in Florida and other southern locales.  Sorry for the late post  Kevin
Sent from my iPod