[Ontbirds] Black-bellied Plover - Port Alma

Todd Pepper pepper_todd at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 3 21:56:26 EDT 2013

Sorry for the late post. Today, after going to see the Dickcissels posted by Paul Pratt 2 days ago, I kept heading east towards Blenheim. Just east of Port Alma, in the first fields on the north side of the road, there was a lone breeding plumaged Black-bellied Plover in the partly flooded field. When I came back from Blenheim the Plover had moved slighly east to a flooded part of the field on the north side of the road where the grape vines grow on a berm on the south side of the road. This bird is either pretty late heading north, or pretty early coming back south.

Port Alma is approximately 16 kilometres east of Wheatley on old Highway 3.

Todd R. Pepper
36 Cherrywood Avenue
Leamington, ON, N8H 4Z9
“The details get somewhat weird, particularly for those who are not hyperspatially minded.” Blake Stacey