[Ontbirds] Ring-necked Pheasant etc. - Rouge Valley and points NE

Mark K scarbropengyou at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 2 15:17:47 EST 2014

This morning I had a male RING-NECKED PHEASANT fly across Sewell's Road, near the farm located at 1208 Sewell's Road, a kilometre or so south of Steeles Ave. At 18 Reesor Road, which is the site of an active feeder that may be viewed from the road, there were 2 RED-BELLIED WOODPECKERS.

In north Pickering, I had a NORTHERN SHRIKE at North Road and Hwy 7 and, following up on Elinor Beagan's excellent post, about 15 ROBINS, 15 CEDAR WAXWINGS and 25 WILD TURKEYS on Sideline 12 about 1 km north of Concession Road 7; this road forms the western boundary of Claremont Conservation Area.

Mark Kubisz,
Scarborough, ON