[Ontbirds] Purple Sandpiper, PBGR, HADU - Humber Bay East etc.

Mark K scarbropengyou at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 3 16:03:21 EST 2014

The PURPLE SANDPIPER was on the south side of Humber Bay East today, from which point you could also see the PIED-BILLED GREBE. A 4th year BALD EAGLE showing an interesting (to me) combination of pure or almost pure white head combined with a tail showing substantial dark mottling was also in the area. Thanks to a tip from David Prior, I was able to quickly locate the male HARLEQUIN DUCK at Cliff Lumsden Park at the base of Fifth street in Etobicoke.\

Directions: Humber Bay East is at the foot of Park Lawn Boulevard in Etobicoke.

Mark Kubisz
Scarborough, ON