[Ontbirds] Turkey Vulture - Blenheim, Snowy Owl - Wheatley

bkmasham bkmasham at personainternet.com
Sun Jan 12 16:10:08 EST 2014

 This afternoon we located a Turkey Vulture on Allison Road, Blenheim just south of the dump.  This is the 3rd time in the past 2 weeks that we have seen a Turkey Vulture in the Blenheim area.
To get to Allison Road,take Chatham Road north out of Blenheim.  Turn left just past Sobey's.  That will be Allison Road.

The Snow Owl was seen just north of Wheatley.  Take Erie Road, north at the lights in Wheatley.  This road becomes Wheatley Road.  Owl was in a field on the west side of the road at #22763 Wheatley Road, just south of Campbell Road.  The bird flew while we were observing it and we did not see it land again.

Brenda Masson
Keith Hamilton