[Ontbirds] Huron Fringe Birding Festival
Fred & Beth Jazvac
jazvacfb at bmts.com
Thu Feb 6 18:01:45 EST 2014
The Huron Fringe Birding Festival, is centered out of MacGregor Point Provincial Park in Port Elgin, and is recognized as one of North America’s premier birding festivals.
Each year a faithful following of mostly experienced birders and nature lovers come to enjoy one of the most diverse habitats that Ontario has to offer. The Bruce Peninsula finds itself rich in flora and fauna. Provincially, it has the most variety of orchid and butterfly species in Ontario and probably the most nesting songbird species in Southern Ontario. The park is on the border of south and north Ontario enhancing the number of possibilities for flora and fauna. The fringe of adjacent Lake Huron creates a natural flyway for migrating birds
Here are some facts about the festival:
- -The festival runs over two 4 day weekends, from May 23 to May 26 and May 29 to June 1
- -We offer approximately 80 hikes that cover all aspects of nature including workshops on photography.
- Our rates are amongst the cheapest for birding festivals because of the generosity of our donors; this generosity also enables us us to bring in outstanding naturalists to lead the hikes.
- We have a banquet featuring bird bander extraordinaire, David Lamble and speakers for evening presentations which include, Mark Peck and Mike Cadman.
- Our hikes explore the Bruce Peninsula from Tobermory to the area surrounding the park.
- We keep our hikes small limiting our birding hikes to 20 and our botany hikes to 12
- Registration starts February 1, 2014.
For more information and to register on line, please check our website at http://friendsofmacgregor.org/page/huron-fringe-birding-festival. Registration started on February 1, 2014, one of our hikes is already full.
For camping or for yurts at MacGregor Point ProvincialPark, please check https://reservations.ontarioparks.com/Home.aspx
For local food, accommodation etc. found, in nearby Port Elgin, please check
Local facilities for motels.
Banquet – speaker
Evening presentations – ecelectic relating to nature from ID tips by Mark Peck to
Get in early, one of our hikes is sold out already
Keep hikes small
Register on line
Explore the Bruce - Lack of development has left it unspoiled
For more information, please check our link at http://friendsofmacgregor.org/page/huron-fringe-birding-festival
Please find enclosed a copy of the advertisement prepared for use. Please advise if there are any costs required in publishing of our ad.
Thank you, for your consideration,
Publicity Chair of the Huron Fringe Birding Festival
44 Cedar Bush Drive,
More information about the ONTBIRDS