[Ontbirds] Lesser Black-Backed Gull - Mississauga

David Pryor stg1 at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 12 14:15:17 EST 2014

I found an adult Lesser Black-backed gull about an hour and a half ago at Lakefront Promenade Park in Mississauga.

The bird was on the ice with Ring-billed and Herring gulls, relatively close to shore. It was located in the interior bay that separates Ric McMillan Park and Lakefront Promenade Park. As I didn't have my camera with me, Andrew Keaveney was nice enough to drop by and take a few pics.

Directions - Lakefront Promenade is located in Mississauga, south of Lakeshore Rd East, and between Cawthra and Dixie Rds. From Lakeshore Rd, take Lakefront Promenade south towards the lake. Drive past the turn for AE Crookes Park and then take the next right into the large parking lot. The bird was still standing on the ice in the bay when I left it there.

David Pryor

Sent from my iPhone