[Ontbirds] Oregon Junco near Port Perry

Jean Iron jean.iron at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 16 00:31:49 EST 2014

Eleanor Beagan and I saw the Oregon Junco on Saturday 15 February at about
12 noon, 12:30 and 1:15 p.m. Each time it came out to feed on the feeder,
then retreated to the trees behind the house. It's an excellent bird for the
Great Backyard Bird Count. The homeowners welcome birders and we thank them
for their hospitality. Photos here:
http://www.jeaniron.ca/2014/oregon.htm

Directions:

Address is 115 Goodwood Road 21 (Durham Road 21), Port Perry, Durham Region.

>From the intersection of Lakeridge Road 23 and Goodwood Road 21 go east on
Goodwood Road 21 about 1 km. It is the gray house on north side, just before
Mast Road, which runs south. The sign in front says 115 and Croftbeg. Note:
This is quite a bit west of Highway 12 and the built up town area of Port
Perry. Lakeridge Road 23 runs north-south and starts at Lake Ontario just
west of Cranberry Marsh.

Jean Iron
Toronto