[Ontbirds] Northern Hawk Owl still in North Bay

Karl & Kathy Konze konze at rogers.com
Sun Feb 16 21:53:16 EST 2014

This morning, my son William and I drove north in search of the previously reported Northern Hawk Owl east of North Bay. For those still pondering whether to go and look for it, I can confirm that it is still present at 688 Ouellette Road. We saw it at the top of a tree right next to the house, which is quite close to the road. Nice, albeit very cold views!

Karl Konze
Guelph, Ontario

Directions as per Richard Tafel: 688 Ouellette Road is between Quae Quae and Lavigne Roads. These latter 2 roads are about 5 miles due east of North Bay, off hwy 17, and cross hwy 94 which goes south from the intersection of Corbeil corner, with hwy 17.  Best seen late in the afternoon.

Directions as per Lev Frid: Take HW 11 to Lake Nosbonsing Rd. Hang a left on Astorville Rd, and another left on Ouellette Rd. The bird was in a field just past Quae Quae Rd.