[Ontbirds] Red-headed Woodpecker

Richard Skevington rskevington at xplornet.ca
Tue Mar 4 16:59:20 EST 2014

Today 4 of us went to Long Point and area for a quick birding trip.  We were very fortunate to see 2 Red-headed Woodpeckers in the woodlot at the Jackson-Gunn forest.  We also had 2 Rusty Blackbirds and a Northern Mockingbird just east of this woodlot.  Other than these, there were no early migrants.  This has to be the first time that I have gone to Long Point in March and did not see any waterfowl.

Directions:  From Hyw 59 at Long Point, go west on the Lakeshore Rd.  When you have past the Sand Hills Park, Turn right on County Rd. 28. Travel to the first crossroad, Lower Side Rd. and turn right.  The woodlot is the first woodlot on your right.

Good birding
Richard Skevington