[Ontbirds] Ottawa: Yellow Palm Warbler

Jon Ruddy via ONTBIRDS birdalert at ontbirds.ca
Thu Apr 24 14:18:12 EDT 2014

Hi there,

Today (24 April) at 1:00 PM, I observed a Yellow Palm Warbler (hypocrysea)
along a trail within Maple Hill Park. I have X'd the spot on the trail
where I observed the bird. All-round good spring birding throughout the
trail system and along the adjacent Rideau River: Yellow-rumped Warbler
(4), Hermit Thrush (3), Pine Warbler (2), Winter Wren (2), Northern
Rough-winged Swallow (2), etc.

Directions: From Prince of Wales Dr., head east on Maplehill Way (which is
just N of Prince of Wales/Jockvale), from Maplehill Way, head N (left) on
Hazelwood Way. Park at the dead end on Hazelwood Way. Take trail system N,
roughly 600 m. The Yellow Palm was on the E side of the trail, foraging at
eye level, with several Ruby-crowned Kinglets.

Good birding,
Jon Ruddy
http://jonruddy.blogspot.ca/