[Ontbirds] Empid Flycatcher - Milton

David Pryor via ONTBIRDS birdalert at ontbirds.ca
Sat Apr 26 15:01:20 EDT 2014

I have found and taken multiple photographs of an interesting Empid flycatcher. Based on the my observations in the field, my initial ID was that the bird showed many of the field marks of an Acadian (which would be an early migrant for this area).

However, a review of the photos I took by other birders has resulted in them pointing out that the bird also has several aspects of what would be a very, very early Alder. The photos have now been further sent to several others for their assessment.

When I left the bird, it was located on the east side of 8th Line along a treeline in a flooded/swampy area about 200m north of Britannia, just south of the house with the row of cedars in front.

Directions - from Hwy. 401, take the Trafalgar exit south to Britannia Rd. Drive east on Britannia and then north on 8th Line.

David Pryor

Sent from my iPhone