[Ontbirds] Raven - Kennedy Road and Markham Road, Toronto/Warblers and Whimbrel's Weekend At Presqu'ile

Donald Davis via ONTBIRDS birdalert at ontbirds.ca
Mon May 5 09:53:18 EDT 2014

While driving west on Lawrence Avenue East to a work site on Kennedy Road, I witnessed a spectacular aerial display in the distance between two dark birds and a larger dark bird. Time was 9:15 am.  As I approached closer to the intersection of Kennedy Road and Markham, the battle continued and I could see that two crows were battling with a raven. As I turned south down Kennedy Road, the raven had landed up on the tower located on the south-east side of the intersection. Raven perhaps claiming a territory?

Information about the upcoming Warblers and Whimbrel's Weekend at Presqu'ile Provincial Park can be found here: http://friendsofpresquile.on.ca/warblersandwimbrelsweekendp83.php

Don Davis
Toronto, Ontario, Canada