[Ontbirds] Rondeau Update May 6, 2014

Reuven Martin via ONTBIRDS birdalert at ontbirds.ca
Tue May 6 15:25:14 EDT 2014

Good afternoon,

I have not seen any positive news for either the Lark Sparrow or Summer
Tanager after their initial sightings, but will post with any information I
receive.

A White-eyed Vireo was seen on South Point Trail.

Wilson's Phalarope, Franklin's Gull and Eared Grebe are all still present
at the Blenheim Sewage Lagoons. Very few shorebirds here as the sprinkler
cells are completely dry. A permit is required to access the lagoons, which
can be obtained for free from the Rondeau visitor centre.

Thank you to everyone who contributed sightings and please continue to do
so at the Visitor Centre or to me through email.

eBird users submitting checklists from the park are encouraged to share
them with the username "RondeauPPVisitorCentre" for our records.

More information on the park's nature programs and the Friends of Rondeau is
available at the Friends' website: www.rondeauprovincialpark.ca.

Directions: Take exit 101 from Highway 401 and drive South 16 km on Chatham
Kent Road 15. Turn right and follow the signs to the park. Bird sighting
information, bird checklists, bird feeders, and breakfast and lunch offered
by the Friends can be found at the visitor centre. To reach the visitor
centre from the park gate, travel 6 km South on Rondeau Road to Gardiner
Ave., then follow it around the bend to the parking lot. I lead guided
hikes in the park twice daily - contact the visitor centre for more
information.

Reuven Martin

Friends of Rondeau Bird Guide