[Ontbirds] Rondeau Migration Report May 8, 2014

Reuven Martin via ONTBIRDS birdalert at ontbirds.ca
Thu May 8 10:27:19 EDT 2014

Good morning birders,

We've had a significant influx of birds into the park overnight.

As in the last few days, large numbers of songbirds including a wide
variety of warblers have been flying north very early in the morning
through the north part of the park. Golden-winged Warbler, White-eyed
Vireo, Cerulean Warbler, and Yellow-throated Vireo were among the birds
seen moving through, but likely none of these have stuck around at the
places where they were seen.

Luckily, more birds seem to have stuck around today and areas like
Spicebush Trail, Bennett Road, Pony Barn and the Maintenance Loop have a
great variety of migrants. No rarities have been discovered yet, but no
doubt they are out there.

Thank you to everyone who contributed sightings and please continue to do
so at the Visitor Centre or to me through email.

eBird users submitting checklists from the park are encouraged to share
them with the username "RondeauPPVisitorCentre" for our records.

More information on the park's nature programs and the Friends of Rondeau is
available at the Friends' website: www.rondeauprovincialpark.ca.

Directions: Take exit 101 from Highway 401 and drive South 16 km on Chatham
Kent Road 15. Turn right and follow the signs to the park. Bird sighting
information, bird checklists, bird feeders, and breakfast and lunch offered
by the Friends can be found at the visitor centre. To reach the visitor
centre from the park gate, travel 6 km South on Rondeau Road to Gardiner
Ave., then follow it around the bend to the parking lot. I lead guided
hikes in the park twice daily - contact the visitor centre for more
information.

Reuven Martin

Friends of Rondeau Bird Guide