[Ontbirds] Great Cormorant in the 1000 Islands

Brian Morin via ONTBIRDS birdalert at ontbirds.ca
Thu May 8 23:17:46 EDT 2014

This morning, along with Hans van der Zweep and Bob Scranton I had an adult
male Great Cormorant clearly showing white flank patches flying west over
the St. Lawrence at the U.S end of the 1000 Islands Bridge. While the bird
was over American waters, it could end up anywhere along Lake Ontario so
keep an eye on cormorants. I was not going to check this one since it was
"just another cormorant" but the decision to look proved to be a good one.

Brian Morin