[Ontbirds] Bells Vireo and Summer Tanager - Long Point New PP

Denis Lepage via ONTBIRDS birdalert at ontbirds.ca
Sat May 10 12:46:04 EDT 2014

Hello all,

A number of people, including myself and many taking part in Bird Studies Canada's Baillie Birdathon weekend were able to get good views of the Bell's Vireo until about 9am. As far as I am aware, the bird has not been relocated since, but people were still out there looking when I left around 10.

The bird was last spotted near camp site 321 at the far east end of the provincial park, and seemed to be making its way slowly westward through the low-lying bushes (dogwoods and willows).

I did not hear the bird sing while I was there, although it was reported singing shortly before I arrived.

Long Point Provincial Park is at the far end of Highway 59, past the Old Cut field station.

There was also a White-eyed Vireo at Old Cut (my 7th vireo species in the last 24 hours!), a Cerulean Warbler reported at the entrance of the park, among other things. I am not aware of reports of the Kirtland's Warbler today.

Cheers

Denis Lepage dlepage at bsc-eoc.org
Senior Scientist, National Data Center
Bird Studies Canada