[Ontbirds] INDIGO BUNTING at our Feeders…….

Robert Ross via ONTBIRDS birdalert at ontbirds.ca
Sun May 11 08:40:48 EDT 2014

Hello Folks:

 At 0835 this morning, we had a Beautiful Vivid Indigo Bunting feeding on sunflower seeds under our bird feeding station in the backyard!! He was a beauty!!!

We are located on the edge of the Westminster Ponds Conservation Area in South London. Our backyard backs out onto the Conservation Area.

We also have a ton of Orioles feeding on the Orange Halves I put out, and this morning a Rose Breasted Grosbeak joined the Orioles and ate the Oranges for well over 10 Minutes!! First time I have observed Grosbeaks eating the oranges!!! The orioles have also been eating SUET and PEANUTS…which I thought was rather odd??

This is turning out to be a very colourful Spring!!

Regards…..ROB

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario