[Ontbirds] Rondeau Migration Report May 10, 2014

Reuven Martin via ONTBIRDS birdalert at ontbirds.ca
Sat May 10 10:22:23 EDT 2014

Good morning,

It's a great morning to be out in Rondeau, with excellent numbers and
diversity of migrants present. At least 24 species of warblers have been
reported already today. The northern half of the park seems to be the
busiest area today.

A female Summer Tanager was seen about 500 m south of Pony Barn on Harrison
trail.

A Prothonotary Warbler has been present irregularly at the back of Tulip
Tree Trail - post 7.

Yellow-billed Cuckoos have been seen on South Point and Harrison Trails.

3 Hooded Warblers were present between Maintenance and Pony Barn on
Harrison Trail.

Grasshopper Sparrow was seen at the washout on South Point Trail.

Mourning Warbler was seen on Tulip Tree Trail next to Harrison Trail.

Lots of birds out there to find!

Thank you to everyone who contributed sightings and please continue to do
so at the Visitor Centre or to me through email.

eBird users submitting checklists from the park are encouraged to share
them with the username "RondeauPPVisitorCentre" for our records.

More information on the park's nature programs and the Friends of Rondeau is
available at the Friends' website: www.rondeauprovincialpark.ca.

Directions: Take exit 101 from Highway 401 and drive South 16 km on Chatham
Kent Road 15. Turn right and follow the signs to the park. Bird sighting
information, bird checklists, bird feeders, and breakfast and lunch offered
by the Friends can be found at the visitor centre. To reach the visitor
centre from the park gate, travel 6 km South on Rondeau Road to Gardiner
Ave., then follow it around the bend to the parking lot. I lead guided
hikes in the park twice daily - contact the visitor centre for more
information.

Reuven Martin

Friends of Rondeau Bird Guide