[Ontbirds] Rondeau Migration Report May 18, 2014

Reuven Martin via ONTBIRDS birdalert at ontbirds.ca
Sun May 18 10:16:29 EDT 2014

Good morning,

A male Hooded Warbler has been showing well and singing on Harrison Trail
just south of Bennett Rd. A female bird has also been seen. This area has
been good birding this morning, with a wide variety of common warblers
present.

The very elusive Golden-winged Warbler continues at Pony Barn, where I
heard it singing this morning.

A Prothonotary Warbler was seen again on Bennett Rd.

Thank you to everyone who contributed sightings and please continue to do
so at the Visitor Centre or to me through email.

eBird users submitting checklists from the park are encouraged to share
them with the username "RondeauPPVisitorCentre" for our records.

More information on the park's nature programs and the Friends of Rondeau is
available at the Friends' website: www.rondeauprovincialpark.ca.

Directions: Take exit 101 from Highway 401 and drive South 16 km on Chatham
Kent Road 15. Turn right and follow the signs to the park. Bird sighting
information, bird checklists, bird feeders, and breakfast and lunch offered
by the Friends can be found at the visitor centre. To reach the visitor
centre from the park gate, travel 6 km South on Rondeau Road to Gardiner
Ave., then follow it around the bend to the parking lot. I lead guided
hikes in the park twice daily - contact the visitor centre for more
information.

Reuven Martin

Friends of Rondeau Bird Guide