[Ontbirds] Kentucky and Worm-eating Warbler

William Gilmour via ONTBIRDS birdalert at ontbirds.ca
Mon Jun 2 17:42:36 EDT 2014

Greetings Ontbirders

The Kentucky and Worm-eating Warblers can still be found at the Parrott's Bay Conservation Area. Both birds were singing as you enter the wooded part of the trail.

The Worm-eating Warbler seemed to stop singing shortly after we arrived at 2:00 and was never seen but the Kentucky Warbler was singing for most of the two hours we were there. Maureen Riggs got an obstructed but good view of the bird!

Bill Gilmour and Maureen Riggs

Directions – thanks to Bruce Ripley:
>From the 401 take County Rd. 6 (Exit 599) south to the end. Turn right (west) and drive 2km until you see Parrott’s Bay C.A. on the north side. Walk the trail about 50m until you see a trail heading off to the right (east). Take this trail about another 50 m and you should hear the bird singing. (I never got to the viewing platform).
Coming from west of Kingston, you could leave the 401 at Exit 593 and go south to Millhaven, then turn east for about 5km to the C.A. – this could save you some of the roadwork delays on the eastbound 401 in this area.