[Ontbirds] June 7 OFO Long Point Tour Summary

Jody Allair jody.allair at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 20:07:57 EDT 2014

Hello Ontbirders,

We had a great turnout (30 participants) for today's OFO Field Trip to the
Long Point Birding Area. The cool morning kept the mosquitoes at bay but
also made the birding a little challenging. Despite this we did manage to
hear and see most of our target birds and record 67 species in total.

Highlights for the day included: two very obliging Least Bitterns,
Louisiana Waterthrush, Prothonotary Warbler, Acadian Flycatcher (heard
only), great views of Blue-winged Warbler and killer scope views of
Grasshopper Sparrow.

Thanks to all those who made the long drive down to Long Point this morning
and to all the participants for making today an enjoyable day of birding.
Detailed species lists are below.

Good Birding,

Jody Allair
Port Rowan, Ontario