[Ontbirds] Fw: Kempenfelt trip December 6th

James Coey jcoey at rogers.com
Sat Dec 6 19:10:37 EST 2014

 Cheers Jim

    ----- Forwarded Message -----
  From: James Coey <jcoey at rogers.com>
 To: "jamescoey37 at gmail.com" <jamescoey37 at gmail.com>
 Sent: Saturday, December 6, 2014 6:28 PM

 25 intrepid bird people braved the balmy 2 degrees of Barrie's fearsome Kempenfelt Bay today December 6th. Highlights were Ross' Goose, Glaucous, Iceland and Kumlien"s Gulls and Great Black-backed Gulls  in various plumages adding to the challenge. Common species were present in astounding numbers. We even had a surprise guest appearance by Jean Iron and Ron Pittaway to make our day. At the end of the day a few people went to Big Bay Point and were rewarded with great looks at a Pileated Woodpecker and a very quick fly by of a Bald Eagle.   For a complete list email me at jamescoey at gmail.comCheers Jim Coey