[Ontbirds] Harlequin Duck, Collingwood harbour

Todd Hagedorn trealh at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 15:21:36 EST 2014

Hello everyone,
First time posting to Ontbirds so I hope it goes well.
Today I found a male Harlequin duck in the middle of Collingwood harbour. It was feeding the whole hour I was watching it near the orange "TN20" buoy.  I observed the bird from both the Collingwood pier and the marina at the end of Harbour st east.
Directions to the Collingwood pier from hwy 410:  Heading north on hwy 410 take the Mayfield road exit, turn right on to Mayfield rd, take a left onto Dixie Rd, at the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Olde Base line Rd, Turn left onto Airport Rd, go straight through two roundabouts on this highway, turn right on to Pretty river pkwy, turn right onto Heritage Dr.  Go past the silos and look west.
Happy birding,Todd Hagedorn