Short-eared Owls - St. Catherines 1/20/15

joetf1973 at aol.com joetf1973 at aol.com
Tue Jan 20 20:30:08 EST 2015

At least 6 (and possibly more) Short-eared Owls were present late this afternoon in the fields on Fifth Ave Louth in St. Catherines. Also present were 1 Northern Harrier and 1 Red-tailed Hawk.

Please be careful - there is not much of a shoulder in most spots - but traffic is very light.

I spoke with a fellow named Mark while I was there. He mentioned that he had seen a Greater White-fronted Goose recently on the upper Niagara River just downstream from the International Railroad Bridge.

Joe Fell
Buffalo, NY