[Ontbirds] Harlequin Duck, Northern Mockingbird... Thickson's

Bruce F. Aikins bfa001 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 13:48:16 EST 2015

This morning I "refound" the previously reported Harlequin off Thickson's
Point.  It was about 75 meters off shore and about 150 meters west of the
point associating with about 40 Goldeneyes.  It flew in with them from the
west.  I met someone else there that had just seen one a bit earlier at the
mouth of Lynde Creek also with Goldeneyes..... possibly the same bird.

In the Meadow at Thickson's,  there was a Northern Mockingbird feeding on
the ground quite undisturbed despite the fact that I was within 6 feet of
it !!!

Thickson's Point, Meadow, Woods are at the foot of Thickson's Road, south
of the exit off 401 in Whitby.

Good birding....    Bruce