[Ontbirds] Harris's Sparrow, Painted Bunting, Redpolls, Snow Bunting ++

Luc Fazio llukefazio at netscape.net
Fri Feb 13 23:47:25 EST 2015

Hi folks:
With the very cold of the past couple of days I was worried, but I am to tell you that as you can see in the Video below the Harris's Sparrow is healthy and kicking like a typical "Zonotrichia". See the video of the 1st winter Harris's Sparrow taken today at the Sheldon Creek Trail, Oakville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OePKUzFtYDQ&feature=youtu.be

Bring some bird feed and stay well back to see the Harris's Sparrow on the path. Be king to the dog walkers and sociable!

Painted Bunting is still showing well (as of this PM) on Arkendo Park, Oakville
and the the Common Redpolls are still at JC Saddington Park in Port Credit.( along with a single Pine Siskin)
Note that there is a single Snow Bunting as well, near the Credit River Bridge West Parking lot south of Lakeshore BLVD , feeding with Canada Geese.

Stay warm ... Luc Fazio