[Ontbirds] ADMIN: Birding under winter conditions

Brian Morin brianlmorin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 03:02:20 EST 2015

Thanks Mark. It has been a rough winter for dealing with birding issues and
we are all paying the price for the few who disregard the ethical norms.
Some of these people are not birders in the way we think so they will never
see your note but it is true that even some subscribers may cross the line
on occasion so your points are well taken. Often the issue is photography
but then birders can be photographers too. I'm one of them and very active
but I try to live by the rules for the sake of the birds and for others.
Let's hope as we head into spring we can put this nagging issue behind us
or we will all be missing the good birds because I know a number of top
birders who are already thinking twice about identifying locations for some
types of rarities to anyone but a few close friends. Actually it has
already happened on a regional basis.

Brian Morin