[Ontbirds] yellow-bellied sapsucker

william whyte whyteone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 08:21:40 EST 2015

observed a male yellow- bellied sapsucker at my peanut feeder this past weekend,a regular visitor right up to sundown. a positive identification as i posted a similar sighting and picture the winter of 2013.feeding during -20 degree weather and fighting off starlings     and blue jays for a spot at the hanging feeder. it can be seen in my front yard at 268 riverview blvd. st. catharines by the niagara escarpment. a welcome visitor among my 3 to4 red-bellied woodpeckers who are here year round.happy birding 2015