[Ontbirds] painted bunting

drake drake at sentex.ca
Tue Feb 17 08:38:22 EST 2015

It has come to my attention that someone is chasing down the painted bunting
with a net and claiming to be from SOAR.  This is not true.  If the bird can
fly well leave him alone.  I never go out and pick up injured birds they
must be brought in here.  In the case of  an unusual bird such as the
Phainopepla a couple of years ago we simply waited until the bird fell from
a branch and appeared dead on the ground.  He was then picked up and warmed
and rushed in to me.  It is totally inappropriate to interfere with a wild
bird.

Judi Drake

Songbirds Only Avian Rehabilitation

Box 75, Rockwood, ON, N0B 2K0