[Ontbirds] Northern Cardinal - Brampton (A sign of the coming spring?)

Dan Birkenbergs aneurysm71 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:12:55 EST 2015

Good Morning All,

I am aware that a Northern Cardinal in Brampton is not a rarity, but given that it is February 18th and I heard the distinct call this morning, I thought it may be noteworthy due to how early in the season it is.  At any rate, a good sign that spring is coming... albeit a while away yet!!!

Directions: Take 410 to Brampton, exit at Queen Street, follow Queen Street West to Rutherford Road.  Take Rutherford Road north to Madoc Drive. Turn right on Madoc Drive, then left on Pennywood Road, then left on Seaborn Road.  The bird was flying between trees near the residences across from the school.

Regards,

Dan