Peregrine Falcon

johnjeevaratnam johnjeevaratnam at aol.com
Thu Feb 19 13:05:42 EST 2015

I am not an expert in identifying birds and can be wrong. However I found a pair of Falcons nesting in the silos of the Canada Malting building. They were seen from the end of the pier opposite the silos at Billy Bishop Airport.

From a distance they appeared to look like Peregrine Falcons with the distinct markings on the face. They were out hunting in the water when the ice was being broken by the boats on Lake Ontario. Then they disappeared into the silos of the building.

Once again I am not an expert on identifying birds and would not like to cause a stir. Who ever lives nearby might like to have a second look.

Happy birding,

John J