[Ontbirds] 2014-2015 winter bird list final update

Josh Vandermeulen joshvandermeulen at live.ca
Sun Mar 15 23:47:37 EDT 2015

Ontbirders,Through the end of the winter birding season, a period that ran from December 1 to February 28, an even 200 bird species were reported throughout Ontario. For two years in a row we received harsher than average winters, and the relatively small winter lists during these winters when compared to the previous few years reflect that. Some of the highlights from the winter of 2014-2015 included Sora, Forster's Tern, Eurasian Collared-Dove, Swainson's Thrush, Tennessee Warbler and Northern Parula. Few "regular" species were missed, though some of the most notable absentees included VIriginia Rail, California Gull, Slaty-backed Gull, Black-legged Kittiwake,
I have created a Google Docs spreadsheet containing the list, and it can be found at tinyurl.com/myyulvs  . As always, please send me an email if you know of a sighting of one of the missing species observed between December 1, 2014 and February 28, 2015, or if you see any errors in the spreadsheet either from this winter or from winter's past.
 Bring on spring!Josh

Josh Vandermeulen
Aurora, Ontario

joshvandermeulen at live.ca