[Ontbirds] Cackling Goose, Tundra Swans, Ravens, RS Hawk in South Mississauga

Luc Fazio llukefazio at netscape.net
Wed Apr 1 22:23:10 EDT 2015

Hi folks.   FYI.   Today while leading The Riverwood Conservancy sponsored bird hike, we tallied some reasonably good birds...

1 CACKLING GOOSE... At AC Saddington Park, west of the Credit River, very close to shore where the fenced property is west of main Parking lot at the base of Mississauga rd. South of Lakeshore Blvd. very nicely compared with another Canada Goose for all to see.

 2 Tundra Swans in the bay at the end of Lakefront Promenade park, SW of Cawthra & Lakeshore Blvd..  Other birds here included..2 Pied-billed, 1 Horned, 3 red-necked Grebes; 1 Common Loon; 2 Ring-necked, 45 Redhead, 4 Am. Wigeon ducks; 2 Am. Coots; 1 Red-Shouldered Hawk; 2 Common Ravens; 2 Northern Mockingbirds, etc. etc.... A female Snowy Owl has been on the docks in the Marina, but not today.

Spring is ready to bust... Go find that Neotropic Cormorant ( Dan S., David P. , many others and I all missed it today in Hamilton....)

Happy Easter and a happy "revival or rebirth" it is time to spring into migration.

Luc Fazio

Sent from my iPad